This innovative FinTech business, part of the revolution in digital payments is producing an expanding range of electronic services aimed to help businesses and consumers process their transactions more conveniently. They are now recruiting for the Chief Operating Officer who will effectively direct the Company’s daily operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for administering and applying the decisions of the Executive Committee and shall report in to the CEO and BoD.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the business is conducted in good faith, and in accordance with good business practices, business conduct rules and prudential rules as set forth in applicable legislation and in the regulations of the CBC.
- Ensure all Company Staff comply with its policies, procedures and applicable regulation, and the business code of conduct and ethics for Electronic Money Institutions.
- Supervise and manage the HR function. In The absence of a department or a specifically designated HR person, the COO Is expected to fulfil the role until such replacement is appointed/designated.
- Supervise, monitor and assess the operational performance of each department.
- Examine the Company’s Financial performance and provide recommendations to bolster it if possible.
- Analyse market trends both from an operational and promotional perspective as well as from a risk management perspective.
- Evaluate the effect an introduction of any potential new services or activities may have on the Company’s Operations and its risk management, and present such findings/analysis to the CEO & BoD.
- Review and examine the capital adequacy and any Company exposures
- Draft written reports to the BoD Making recommendations and indicating in particular whether the appropriate remedial measures have been taken in the event of any deficiencies, or need to be taken.
- Report to the CEO, To the extent possible, and on an ongoing basis, the particulars of the Company’s daily operations and operational matters of all its departments.
- Monitor and resolve and issues that may arise during the normal course of business operations.
- Ensure that the Company has instituted a policy that ensures that all persons involved in the provision of services are aware of the particular features of each service and the risk inherent in the provision of the services in respect thereof.
- Review and approve the various counterparties.
- Approve policy description concerning information systems and monitor the information systems in place.
- Appoint the responsible users for the provision of access rights to the various databases
Are you an experienced Head of operations looking for a new challenge in an exciting and fast-growing FinTech business?