About the role
Our client, a fast-growing international tech-focussed startup with it's hub in the City of London is looking for an Interim Financial Director/Head of Finance to act as right-hand person to their CEO, providing ongoing support and guidance to help ensure the company plans are viable and in line with financial objectives.
With highly ambitious growth plans and aiming to significantly increase profitability in a short time period, you will supervise all financial tasks and ensure best use of capital and resources. You will be the key finance business partner to the CEO, Senior Management Team and the Board and you will be able to help define and deliver commercial and operational solutions to continue to grow the business.
- You will have overall responsibility for the financial management, cost control and cash management of the company.
- You will minimise risk by developing and implementing financial disciplines and controls.
- You will develop and oversee the company’s financial strategy and provide strategic financial advice and proposals to the CEO, Senior Management Team and the Board.
- As the company expands, you will implement new systems, processes and controls, including KPI reporting to maintain an effective finance function.
- You will provide key business appraisals and financial advice for investment and commercial opportunities.
- You will have complete responsibility for overseeing the monthly financial close and reporting, including reporting to the Board and other external reporting requirements. You will lead and oversee all budget and forecasting reporting cycles.
- You will manage and motivate an effective and efficient finance team.
- You will lead a diverse People team to maintain effective HR and recruitment functions.
- You will lead the company’s relationship with lawyers, insurers, auditors, tax authorities and other external parties to ensure that all legal obligations are met and the company’s risks are effectively managed.
You MUST be a Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA Additionally, you will have;
- Significant commercial experience in a Head of Finance/Finance Director level role leading a team of 3 -5 people (ideally in a scale up or SME business).
- Prior experience in a Start up/Scale up organisation.
- Experience running a high calibre finance function in a £5 -10 million turnover business.
- Strong people management skills managing a diverse team of Finance professionals, and ideally HR as this role is also line manager to a small HR Team.
- Some Operational experience is key to this role to ensure that you can see the 'bigger’ picture.
- Solid and demonstrable experience working with CEO/Founder and being their 'righthand’ person.
- We would love to see some entrepreneurial spirit, you will see what needs to be done and figure out a way to get there - this can be from small day to day processes or the larger strategy.
- You will be able to work effectively under pressure and agile in approach to requirements from a fast moving and growing business and the ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business from boots on the ground to Board level, both in writing and verbally.
It would be really great if you had experience working in;
- A Senior Finance role in a Subscription, Publishing and/or Networking organisation is highly desirable.
- A Senior Finance role in a £10 -20 million turnover business.
- An environment of raising funding and building investment pitches would be beneficial.
- A tech focused organisation.