Our award-winning, financial services client are looking for a transfer agency business analyst. The ideal candidate would have 2-3 years' experience working as a business analyst within a transfer agency. The purpose of this role is to conduct analysis, testing and coordinate allocated projects within the project portfolio.
- Delivery of analysis, testing and project coordination of allocated project work, across all products and services.
- Responsible for task managing and guiding less experience team members working on joint initiatives where required.
- Runs projects in accordance with the agreed project process.
- Pro actively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises and devises contingency plans.
- Documents business requirements and produces other business-technical documentation to a high level of quality.
- Troubleshoots, and supports the troubleshooting of others, effectively.
Required Skills and experience
- Degree level education would be advantageous
- Power BI development; In house mapping languages; SQL server
- Industry messaging protocols, including: FiX, ISO15022, ISO20022, XML, JSON, CSV
- Microsoft office suite; Salesforce
- Software development lifecycle in an Agile environment
- Detailed knowledge of one or more aspects of transfer agency operations - dealing, settlement, reconciliations, cash management.
- Communication - Provides clear and concise progress updates on what they are responsible for to their manager and other business stakeholders; Provides reporting to manager and other business stakeholders on individual and team activities against agreed milestones; Provides clear and fair feedback to colleagues and encourages a feedback culture within the organisation.
- Conduct - Demonstrates the corporate values of connected, supportive, creative and driven.
- Teamwork - Able to support both peers and less experienced team members from within the same area; Voices opinions on matters regarding their team and constructively takes part in debates
- Leadership - Ensures the team are delivering to schedule and that any risks and issues are raised promptly.
- Management - Ability to task manage and guide less experienced team members; Follows and suggests improvements to the agreed processes.
- Knowledge - Subject matter expert in one or more areas relating to their role.
- Delivery and Impact - Able to prioritise risks and issues, and able to manage those with a low impact independently; Leads well defined initiatives from inception to completion; Thorough, credible and showing attention to detail across all areas of work.
- Problem Solving - Solves technical problems by defining changes in the way the system needs to be set up or behaves; Uses judgement to determine best approach to agree and document more complex solutions appropriately.
- Organisation - Provides feedback on workload for the deliverables which they own.
- Ownership - Accountable for deliverables which they own, including where output is produced by others; Acts with some guidance on more complex or sensitive aspects of their work.
- Planning - Able to break deliverables down into steps and devise goal-oriented implementation plans; Able to get things done by engaging stakeholders appropriately.
- Influence - Sought out for guidance and support by less experienced team members; Teaches others.
If this is a role that you believe you could excel in. Please contact us, we would love to hear from you!