Our rapidly expanding client are looking for a general legal counsel, to join their innovative business. The role will be varied across to combination of Product Safety, Commercial and Corporate disciplines. This role is based in the South West of England.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Investigate and report on the legal status of our products as we enter new markets / regions, to enable the management team to have clarity of the minimum standards and requirements needed to be compliant, to help us grow Internationally.
- Build clarity of the required product safety needs, to ensure compliance and understanding, across the regions we trade in, from a product perspective.
- Be the custodian of product safety legal requirements, advising on appropriate regular testing, record keeping and relevance. With the ultimate goal to be the Importer of Record in multiple territories over time.
- Demonstrate and share understanding of the appropriate testing regimes (e.g. CE marking, WEEE directive in the UK) and be able to clearly articulate what is required from both a process and product perspective.
- Ensure the business is legally compliant, both from a safety and product testing perspective. In addition, to meeting the legal trading laws of each country.
- Working closely alongside the companies Supply Chain Director.
Advise the management team in and not exclusively on:
- Commercial negotiations and from a contractual perspective both up (e.g. China and downstream (Local marketing agencies in Territory)
- Dispute resolution, customer, and legal body claims
- Providing support for Customer Support (CS) teams in delivering compliant (e.g. GDPR) interactions with our customers
- Engagement/resolution external bodies (e.g. Local Trading Standards)
- Managing Recalls/ Safety Issues
- Creation of specific legal documents designed to protect the business and management team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have a 2:1 or higher in a BA/BS/LLB degree or equivalent
- 5 years or more experience in PQE or similar internal Legal Counsel Lead role
- Ideally have some International experience – sourcing Far East, selling multiple territories
- Other experience which is preferable is Importer/Manufacturer/Ecommerce experience/Electrical Product experience
- Will be eager to get involved in the building of a sustainable business - ensuring the correct systems, processes, procedures and resources are in place to deliver continuous compliance.
If this role sounds like a perfect match and you are based in South West England, Please contact us today.