Our Specialist Banking Client are searching for a detail-orientated individual to support the delivery of the day to day activities related to fund activations and account openings, appropriate corrective actions and reporting requirements, in line with defined service levels in a fully compliant manner.
- Proactively learn and master market and internal concepts, processes, contacts related to the fund industry and clients, in order to best service clients.
- Efficiently manage and respond to clients’ requests to access new funds and share classes as well other types of enquiries which clients may send to the Fund Requests Team. Provide the best possible service to clients in relation to their requests, within the scope of acceptable operational risk and within the scope of the company service offering. Refer any enquiries to other teams should these fall under the expertise and remit of other teams.
- Learn and use the internal software used to log and manage requests internally for new funds, in order share the same workflow with other departments involved in the approval process of a client’s accessing a new fund.
- Cooperate with colleagues in different Company offices (the UK branch, Spanish headquarters, Luxembourg, Singapore, Dubai, Chile, etc.) as well as third parties (clients, transfer agents, fund managers, etc.) in a friendly and professional manner.
- Accurately request the opening of new accounts to Fund Managers or their nominated Transfer Agent.
- Follow-up account opening requests as required and see them through to completion, accurately updating internal systems, within the best timeframes possible.
- Ensure all details and mandates requested in relation with the opening of an account have been applied correctly by the Fund Manager / Transfer Agent and keep adequate records of these checks using the established internal database and document archive.
- Archive documents and communications using the established rules/processes in a timely manner.
- Double-check and monitor the account opening cases, to ensure that the Fund Requests Team as a whole have completed the account opening process correctly. Close cases should they pass all the checks.
- Deal with operational corrective actions and reporting requirements.
- Raise any issues to escalate to the relevant account manager for a specific client or to the Head of Client Services, for broader issues.
- Suggest, initiate and participate in the implementation of changes to processes that generate workflow efficiencies and productivity gains.
- Maintain record keeping and seek to continuously improve the documentation of procedures and training materials.
- Work proactively with senior colleagues to plan the workload and provide assistance and support to team members in Client Services, whenever required.
- Contribute to broader business projects as requested and generally act in a way to ensure that a positive environment exists in the office; encourage teamwork.
- Develop and embed a positive operational risk culture throughout the team.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes due to updates in regulation, internal processes, or client requirements.
- Client-focused attitude with high attention to the delivery of service quality
- High ability to learn efficiently
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to handle a range of responsibilities and self-motivated
- Strong organizational aptitude with an excellent attention to detail
- Able to thrive in a relatively small team environment
- Educated to 'A' Level Standard
- Proficiency in Windows XP and Microsoft Office
- Advanced MS Excel skills are desirable
- English: native speaker
- Spanish: optional but valuable (courses provided)
If you think that this role suits your profile, Please contact us!