Our Client is an ambitious, fast paced and growing Company based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. They pride themselves on delivering top-quality customer service, for which they are multiple award winners. They do this with the one aim to make investing simply easier for everyone.
As a Distribution & Settlements Assistant, duties will include: being responsible for ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a timely and accurate manner and to a consistently high level. Taking ownership of personal development, reducing the need to escalate queries by taking ownership of a personal action plan.
- Checking and depositing of certificate sales & lodgements
- Certificate sale rejections and monitoring for aged deposits
- Producing and responding to Section793 notices
- Reconciling and instructing payment or receipt for Unit Trust settlement both with Cofunds and direct with the Fund Managers
- Customer liaison where relevant to the Settlements team
- Assisting with correction of dealing errors on client accounts including reclaim of losses from clients on dealing errors where appropriate
- Completing the daily Crest settlement processes
- Sending of daily CREST messages
- Providing cover and support for the daily submission of Transaction Reporting checking, re-submissions and monitoring for delivery at UnaVista
- Settlement of residual purchases and sales
- SDRT refunds and deductions on client accounts
- Recording and monitoring or EIS share certificates
- Ensuring reconciliation differences relating to the Settlements team are promptly investigated and resolved
- Reconciling stock and cash positions with respect to Dividends
- Ensuring reconciliation differences relating to dividend are promptly investigated and resolved
- Accurately processing dividends across all types of investments including UK and foreign equities, income or accumulation unit trust funds, and bonds and gilts
- Processing market claims and ensure that they are claimed and paid out to the correct parties
- Claiming dividends owed to TSC from certificate sales clients and monitor for receipt
- Claiming and paying out tax refunds on eligible dividends paid within a tax-free environment
- Shareholder rights
- Logging client voting instructions and arrange meeting attendance where applicable
- Ensuring that all shareholder perks are forwarded where clients are eligible and in a timely manner
- Ensuring that details of clients who have registered for the Shareholder Rights service are forwarded to the appropriate registrars
- Answering client queries by telephone, e-mail, letter and fax including effective complaints handling.
- Maintaining company wide and team specific service standards.
- Proactively seek to identify potential improvements in efficiency and processes.
- As and when requested, helping the department undertake any appropriate system testing and development.
- Ensuring all EDM tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Ensuring that the team diary and statistics are kept up to date
- Providing help/cover within the wider team as required and taking part in departmental and company wide projects and new initiatives where appropriate
- Participating in relevant CASS training throughout the year and ensuring relevant staff are aware of CASS through updated processes and procedures and on the job training.
The Ideal Candidate:
- An enthusiastic and motivated individual who are passionate about providing excellent customer service in a lively and fast paced workplace.
- Confident in being the first line of support for both existing and new customers and display excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in providing high quality customer service will demonstrate strong self-motivation, problem solving skills, creativity and initiative.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative or Banking/Financial Service environment, alongside qualifications in Maths and English.
- IT skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook will be supported by well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to be a team player as well as takes the lead at times will be required.
- A competitive starting salary, alongside 26 days holiday per year
- Discounted onsite gym
- Onsite free secure car and bike parking
- Free discounts and offers platform with Perkbox
- Employee support programme 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- 8% Employer pension contributions (non-contributory)
- Private healthcare
- Life Assurance – (4 x salary)
- Share Incentive Plan – an opportunity to buy shares within The Share Centre with the Company matching 2 shares for every 1 you buy!
- Employee share account discount
- Discretionary profit share bonus
As a Distribution & Settlements Assistant you’ll have the passion to do the right thing for the customer and a willingness to go the extra mile. Please contact us if this is your match!